2019 Harley Davidson XL1200NS Iron 1200
- Vehicle Overview
- Features & Options
- Technical Specifications
- Vehicle Location
The Iron 1200cc Evolution engine that gives loads of famous Sportster torque. It’s got a throwback look that goes right to the roots of Sportster motorcycle, thanks to 70’s-inspired tank graphics. It also features a low-slung Café solo seat, mid-mount controls, and mini ape hanger handlebars for an aggressive, two-fists-in-the-wind riding position.
- Vance & Hines
- 12v Plug
- LED Lights
Engine 1 Air-cooled, Evolution®
Bore 3.5 in.
Stroke 3.8 in.
Displacement 1,202 cc (73.4 cu in)
Compression Ratio 10:01
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Exhaust Black, staggered exhaust and headers with black slash-cut mufflers
Length 86 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 25.7 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 28.9 in.
Ground Clearance 5.5 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 30
Trail 4.6 in.
Wheelbase 59.6 in.
Tires, Front Specification 100/90B19 57H
Tires, Rear Specification 150/80B16 77H
Fuel Capacity 3.3 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 2.8 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 547 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 564 lb.
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 73 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,500
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 27
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 28
Fuel Economy Testing Method Estimated City/Hwy
Fuel Economy 54.8 mpg
Primary Drive Chain, 38/57 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.315
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.653
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.948
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.102
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.517
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black, 9-spoke
Wheels, Rear Type Black, 9-spoke
Brakes, Caliper Type Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (if equipped), ABS (if equipped)
Gauges Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for base models. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude tax, title, licensing, registration fees, destination charges, added accessories, and additional dealer charges, if any, and are subject to change. Harley-Davidson reimburses dealers for performing manufacturer-specified pre-delivery inspection and setup tasks. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.