2015 Yamaha SR400
- Vehicle Overview
- Technical Specifications
- Vehicle Location
The SR400 is a legendary classic that’s a kick to ride. With it's retro 1970s styling and one of the best performing 399cc air-cooled engines, the SR400 embodies the true meaning of the saying “Everything old is new again.” Jump on, give the kickstarter a stab, and you will be on your way.
Unlike some retro bikes that are modern interpretations of older designs, the SR400 is an authentic living classic which has been constructed to virtually the same specification as the original model. With its air-cooled engine and twin-shock chassis, this timeless big single represents a return to motorcycling's core values.
Start with a 399cc air-cooled 4-stroke single-cylinder engine with one intake valve, one exhaust valve, and one exhaust pipe – timeless simplicity. Add a slim chassis with a natural riding position that delivers sporty relaxed handling. What you get is an authentic design and pure mechanical beauty that makes the SR400 a true classic, from any angle.
- Ideal basis for an easy customization - create your own café racer, bobber or scrambler.
- 400cc air-cooled 4-stroke single cylinder engine.
- Fuel injection with transistor ignition.
- Relaxed torque for easy and enjoyable.
- Spoked wheels with aluminium rims.
- Conventional front forks with twin rear.
- Classic 12-litre teardrop fuel tank.